JANUARY 2021 Event
Monday, January 25, 2021
All times are in Pacific Standard Time.
Global Employer Brand Leader
More than 9 million jobs remain lost from the pandemic, but a pivot in the economy is expected. With rising COVID-19 counts entering 2021, and the promising availability of a vaccine, there are themes to watch regarding talent and location strategies for talent acquisition.
At the forefront of 2021 planning, there are several questions looming like when the pace of hiring will accelerate, and who will see the impact first.
This session will help provide key insights on:
- Recovery timelines by city and industry
- Challenges companies and job candidates will face in 2021
- Why diversity measures remain at the forefront of planning in 2021
Senior Vice President of Business Intelligence and Chief Innovation Officer
LaborIQ® by ThinkWhy
All businesses have trends and growth periods, but at Zoom we experienced a much larger employee need and had to scale to fix a problem with demand and customer growth. While ensuring we were being empathic to the large influence of applications, ensuring we are recruiting top talent, and setting the stage for a strong employer brand and employee experience. During this sessions you will hear:
- The growth plan to support talent in place and how that was fast tracked
- The TA and recruiting functions needed to be build out to support growth
- And how relevant content, positive experience, and social engagement played a role
Head of Global Talent Acquisition
More than that ever it’s important for you to align your consumer and candidate experience to ensure you are attracting talent who enjoy your brand and fully understand your EVP with clearly defined messaging including:
- Define your candidate experience in a way that compliments your target customers
- Utilize your brand to attract the right talent and ensure a candidate experience that aligns with your brand
- Ensure a strong message of who you are as an organization your core values
- Attracting talent during a global pandemic that has impacted your product
- Ensure your leaders are ready to execute on the Future of Hiring
Founding Partner and CEO
MXA Talent Solutions
Talent acquisition has experienced a tremendous amount of change and unique challenges over the last eight months. With the only constant being a continually evolving “normal”, how can talent teams adapt to ensure their success? Join Fountain’s CEO, Sean Behr, and his special guest as they discuss the challenges faced within TA over the last several months, and how companies have and will continue to reshape the recruiting and hiring process, paving the way for the ATS of the future.
What You’ll Learn:
- The state of hiring during Covid and the expectations of 2021
- The current challenges high-volume TA leaders are facing today
- How the right ATS can help improve the state of hiring, and combat the challenges currently faced with high-volume hiring
- The ideal ATS features every TA leader should have
- Impact of a Successful Candidate Journey though a Successful TA Structure and engagement with an aligned team
- Creating a mind shift that talent drives business outcomes
- Rethinking TA as a business perspective and ensuring employee development
TAS, HCS, President and Board Member
- Human element
- Team process
- Engaging with candidates in multiple levels
- Looking at how people are feeling about the hiring managers and experience for an employee engagement
- Engage and Experience -> How you start is how to you finish
TAS, HCS, President and Board Member
Talent Acquisition Manager, ECP
Senior Director, Talent Acquisition
FirstKey Homes, LLC
Global Head, Talent Management and Talent Acquisition
Global Head of TA
Director of Recruiting Services
Great Clips, Inc.
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Director of Global Talent Attraction
Owner, Founder, Executive Coach
Merging Path Coaching LLC
- Understanding the Organizational Need for a Diversity Initiative and Soliciting Leadership Buy-In
- Establishing your “Dream Team” and Developing Structure, Goals and Metrics Within your Initiative
- Implementing a Diversity Program Focused on Involvement, Outreach and Education
Director of Talent Acquisition,Council Chair, Cascade Diverse Workforce Initiative (CDWI)
During this session I will explore machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques employed for Talent Acquisition and how these could be made more inclusive, and how it impacts and informs company-wide I&D metrics and initiatives
Manager, Global People Research & Analytics
Many talent acquisition teams have diversity initiatives in place, some of them for the first time. But without a strategy for how to find underrepresented talent, recruiters and sourcers can find themselves at a loss for how to contribute in a meaningful way to their organization’s goal of building a diverse team.
Gem will share 10 proven sourcing strategies and tips to find underrepresented talent, using many of the resources you already have. We’ll then demo Gem’s Diversity Analytics feature, which helps recruiting teams track gender and race/ethnicity at each stage of the hiring funnel, providing unparalleled visibility into their recruiting efforts.
Some of these tips will include:
- Why sourcing underrepresented talent is so important
- Keywords to search for on LinkedIn that might not be so obvious
- Other ways to use LinkedIn for diversity sourcing
- “Offline” strategies
Recruiting Program Manager
Inclusion is more than just driving an organization into a more diverse culture, but inclusive is a conscious culture you need to have in your organization. By guiding your leadership, hiring managers, and TA team you can teach them proximity of inclusion and assist them through the hurdles to overcome. In this session you will learn:
- The concept, overview, and impact of Proximity plays in diverse culture
- Develop a culture for leadership to listen, learn, and grow while reviewing the data to formulate new options, perspectives, and a comfort level with a diverse talent population
- Real-world benefits of a diverse team
Director, Global Inclusion & Collaboration
Session participants will learn how to use virtual and community-centered methods to recruit a diverse and equitable talent pool. Baltimore Corps was tasked with recruiting more than 300 roles for Baltimore City’s Covid-19 response called the Baltimore Health Corps project. We will use this project as a case study to highlight how we achieved this by sharing our methods on:
- Job description creation
- Recruitment strategy
- Screening and selection of candidates
- Using data point check-ins to adjust recruitment efforts
- Avoiding tokenism or pandering to the potential talent pool
Deputy Director of Community Engagement and Recruitment
VP of Operations & Administration
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Join us for this interactive session while two industry icons guide you on an interactive tour of the "must have" tools in the business. Chloé Rada, Director, Global Recruitment Marketing and Branding for Syneos Health and Allison Kruse, Head of Global Employer Brand at Baxter team up to share how you can become content heroes for talent attraction!
While they are taking the Healthcare world by storm in their new roles, Chloé and Allison sourced the secrets to success of brand activation by asking their peers across all industries and company sizes what they like best!
From becoming a better writer, to removing gender bias, designing awesome graphics and videos and highlighting employee generated content, you'll feel like you’ve uncovered a new super power when you start using these free or low cost tools!
Head of Global Employer Brand
Global TA Operations and Talent Attraction Leader
One can be the loneliest number for a talent brander, especially when you're educating, evangelizing, engaging, and doing all of the work on your own. But to be successful, you need to build the right relationships internally, understand the recruitment marketing metrics that matter, and activate your content advocates. Every single person on this panel lives these challenges today and will be providing actionable insights and sharing their well-earned battle scars.
Talent Brand Alliance
Senior Specialist, Employer Branding, Recruitment Marketing & Social
Global Talent Marketing & Employer Branding
Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing Specialist
Is your recruitment marketing strategy ready for the new year? Learn how to win the race for talent with mission critical insights from Appcast. This presentation will offer actionable information to help you leverage new platforms and tools, write better job ads and attract high quality candidates in 2021 and beyond.
Bias is present in every step of the hiring process, often unconsciously. This poses significant ethical and even economical challenges for organizations and society at large, growing more urgent everyday.
Bias in hiring is not a new challenge, but new solutions and strategies to help combat bias at every stage in the hiring process are emerging everyday. While most HR leaders are familiar with some of the human-focused solutions to combat bias like anti-bias training, technology and AI specifically can take it a step further to mitigate inherent human biases and evaluate more fairly at scale, allowing recruiting leaders to consider a broader pool of applicants while providing a consistent experience including:
- How commonly used methods of screening and assessing candidates are disproportionately disadvantaging certain groups from the start
- How unconscious bias comes into play and why anti-bias training for humans isn’t the solution
- How to measure bias in your hiring process and then implement technology and strategies to mitigate it across every step of the hiring process
- Best practices for HR leaders using technology to reduce bias including: the type of data to include, consistent auditing, transparency, and vendor partnership
CEO & Co-Founder
Abstract: How do you brand your culture when your offices and hubs are at low capacity or, worse yet, empty? Craig Fisher will show you how great organizations like Cisco are emphasizing flexibility and safety over requiring in-office work in 2021. This may be the way we're doing it for the foreseeable future. Some stellar organizations are leading the way. Craig will show you cool tech and best practices to help make the process straightforward and repeatable. But don't be fooled, this is outside the box stuff. Bring your thinking caps and sharpen your pencils. You won't want to miss this one.
Talent Acquisition and Recruiting Operations Leader
In early March, we saw major changes and shifts in the world. We had to step back and evaluate our current processes, and recreate our recruiting strategies to fit a virtual world. These changes include:
Looking at how we are going to have a continued presence through social media and other means
Adapting to virtual career fairs instead of in-person recruitment events at colleges and community centers
Revamp messaging and communicate opportunities and benefits, all while ensuring the human element is met
Rolling out a strategic video plan for recruiting through job summaries, descriptions and testimonials
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
1st Source Bank
Learn how Walmart aligned its TA teams functionally and became part of an omnichannel transformation and branded one of our core roles, starting with persona development to messaging and activation.
- How our recruiters pivoted during the pandemic to support critical hiring activated a campaign in less than a month
- Activate your employees and hiring teams to be recruiters and brand ambassadors to build your brand and attract talent from their own networks
- Activate a functional hiring campaign that tells your story, promotes your jobs, and engages prospective talent
- Partner with HR, business leaders, Talent Acquisition, and recruitment marketing
- Ensure your leaders are bought into the value of recruitment marketing to amplify and accelerate hiring
Senior Manager, Employer Brand Marketing
Senior Talent Acquisition Leader
In this session, you’ll learn strategies to build and activate an employer brand and to create an employer brand function within your organization. Apply the key learnings to:
- Gain executive buy-in for your employer brand
- Consider selecting and partnering with an employer brand consultant
- Develop an employer brand strategy and activation plan
- Tap in-house resources to support brand activation
- Build an employer brand function from the ground up
Head of Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing
Dunkin’ & Baskin
Employer Brand Strategist
Programmatic job advertising is at the forefront of today’s talent revolution – one that will disrupt how organizations network, source, and hire. With only five percent of talent acquisition organizations onboard, programmatic technology is disrupting job advertising much like it did for the marketing world where today 95 percent of companies advertise this way.
In this dynamic fireside chat, Megan Conahan, EVP, Direct Agents and Terry Baker, CEO at PandoLogic, will demystify programmatic job advertising and how it works to enhance modern talent acquisition strategies. The presenters and attendees will explore how programmatic transformed the advertising industry and will transform the job advertising industry. Learn how programmatic goes beyond the deployment of ads to enable real-time, autonomous decision-making, and intelligence based on performance throughout the campaign, and gain insight into how programmatic job advertising, powered by innovation and automation, will grow significantly throughout 2021 and beyond.
Talent acquisition organizations often have reservations about programmatic because they feel they can’t trust the results compared to direct buys and job boards. But programmatic shouldn’t feel like a black box. Learn how transparency leads to quality results, not just quantity, and builds trust. If you’re looking to up your talent acquisition, join the programmatic revolution to find the right candidates at the right time for the right price and get back to your “human” mission.
- Gain insight into how programmatic job advertising powered by innovation and automation is disrupting talent acquisition.
- Make a compelling business case for implementing a transparent programmatic job advertising program that leads to quality results and builds trust.
- Outpace the competition with programmatic job advertising to engage more passive candidates and create more diverse workforces.
President & CEO
Each and every day, in moments big and small, CVS Health is shaping the future of healthcare. Their more than 300,000 colleagues are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. Through recruiting technologies and more personalized solutions, the CVS Health Talent Acquisition team has been transforming their candidate experience and recruiting processes placing candidates at the heart of everything they do.
At the start of 2020, the CVS Health Recruitment Marketing Team had aggressive plans to accelerate its recruiting innovation and create simplicity by flipping their recruiting funnel and challenging their CRM strategy's status quo. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, their plans to act, adapt and improve only accelerated. Hear from Kerry Noone, Director of Recruitment Marketing, about how she and her team set out to join forces for the greater good and collaborate deeply and openly to ensure the most valuable solution for candidates in 2020 and learn how they continue to think big as they kick-off 2021.
Director, Recruitment Marketing
Co-Founder, VP of Growth
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Sr. Manager, North America Talent Acquisition
- Identifying and adapting all changes to the sourcing, engaging, and connecting
- Developing a culture of acceptances and ensuring diversity is a factor in sourcing
- Pivoting in-person job fairs to be social distancing job fairs for in-person roles
- Developing a structured process for candidates in a remote recruitment process
Senior Director of Talent Acquisition
The Fedcap Group
- Impact of being strategic sourcing
- Review tools, strategies, and identity where you candidates can be found
- How to be more effective at sourcing all levels
Group Vice President, Talent Acquisition & Employer Brand Leader
Director of Talent Acquisition
The best talent pros aren’t phased by remote recruiting, but even the most personable ones sometimes struggle to find that spark to build great candidate relationships over Zoom. Our Recruiting Manager, Caitlyn Metteer, shares her go-to strategies for keeping things human and approachable while recruiting remote candidates.
Explore her five tips, including:
- Using virtual experiences to your advantage
- Staying focused on the candidate at every stage
- Building up a feedback culture on your team
Manager of Recruiting
- Review of strategic tools and technology designed to help build a network
- Impact of a personal touch when scaling
- Designing long term metrics to ensure quality candidates
- Best practices for human interaction in a virtual world
Director, Talent Acquisition
- Define what a specialized sourcing function inside yout TA team
- Identify sourcing techniques and
- Align goals, process, and functions to the business plan
- Outline sourcing by aligning people and process
- Changes management needs to impact sourcing
Director of Strategic Talent Acquisition Programs
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Why do new sourcing teams fail? One reason, lack of partnership between the sourcing and recruiting team. In this session, we will go beyond building a great workflow and show how to lay the foundation for a successful sourcing program that drives collaboration, not conflict with your recruiters. We will cover:
-Key factors in your sourcing model that drive partnership
-Our newly implemented model designed to support hire needs in anticipation for the launch of Paramount+ streaming services
-Lessons learned so you can avoid our mistakes in implementation of your sourcing program
Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition
With so much data online, where and how do sourcers most efficiently find information related to industry or company shifts, and the passive talent they need, beyond their obvious top few competitors? In this session, a long-time corporate talent sourcing manager/trainer will share his go-to resources, tools and techniques to stay on top of the important changes that can greatly impact your ability to identify and engage talent at the right time, including diversity targeting, via:
- The best free layoff trackers, job aggregators and automated alert/feed tools
- How to pull skill- and geo-specific names from virtual conferences, user group lists,map and product/service review websites
- Using natural language queries and aggregator search tools for social network intelligence (SOCMINT / OSINT) which of the major supply and demand data tools are worthwhile for talent market mapping
- robust, flexible competitive intelligence platform options that can automatically support all your TA staff’s needs
Vice President, Global Talent Sourcing & Recruitment Marketing Manager
State Street Corporation
Friday, January 29, 2021
Associate Director, Employer Branding
Join Jennifer Henley, VP of Client Services from NAS Recruitment Innovation, and Tony Suzda, Sr. Manager of Talent Acquisition at Dent Wizard International, for an informative discussion of how we partnered to build a candidate experience that had a direct impact on their hiring results and bottom line. We’ll discuss how Dent Wizard:
- Developed and prioritized their employment brand message
- Delivered an award-winning candidate experience
- Used analytics and KPIs to improve results and get better hires
This in-depth case study will give you solid insight into one organization’s journey and success – while highlighting the steps you can take within your own organization.
VP of Client Services
NAS Recruitment Communications
Director of Talent Acquisition and Talent Strategy
Dent Wizard International
Everyone accepts the logic that “if you treat customers badly they won’t be customers for long,” so why do so many organizations tolerate a lackluster candidate experience? If candidates feel when they’re navigating a painful process instead of getting a frictionless, branded experience, they’re going to take their application elsewhere. In this thought leadership session we will share the story of how Piedmont Health took their candidate experience from “out-of-box” to “out of this world” enabling their brand and their jobs to stand out in the incredibly competitive market for health care professionals. Find out how Piedmont Health positioned themselves to source and hire hard to fill roles, such as nurses, physicians, and IT, faster and more cost effectively by providing a frictionless candidate journey from job ads to apply.
Director of Marketing
From the start of the pandemic, employees looked at their organization to see how they will be handling not being in an office, culture, and core areas that have historically had a huge impact on your value prop. So as culture changes you will need to ensure:
- Your value prop and communications are able to adapt to detail the current environment and the future environment
- Your value props don’t rely exclusively on having a strong office culture
- You consider the impact on the onboarding process and company culture in a virtual world
- You continue to review the candidate experience and evolving priorities
Employer Brand Specialist
VP of Business Development
Learn from heads of Talent Acquisition and global employer brand teams. In this session, we will uncover:
- What metrics are most important to them and their executive leadership
- How they have built (or are building) employer brand teams from scratch
- How they lead employer brand professionals to ensure success of their work and career growth
- Q&A to ask what keeps you up at night
Associate Director, Employer Branding
Vice President of Global Talent Acquisition
Director of Global Talent Attraction
Chief of Staff for the CPO
Palo Alto Networks
Good people know good people. Studies show that people are significantly more likely to trust a person over a brand. We see this in consumer marketing with the rise of influencers on social media and the same principles can (and need to) be applied when attracting top talent.
It’s no longer enough to have a nicely worded “about us” page on your career’s website; candidates want to SEE, HEAR, WATCH what it’s like to work at the company. From actual people. This is where an employee advocacy program can have such an impact for your company! You’ll be infusing authenticity, driving associate engagement AND increasing your digital reach by the thousands. Seem overwhelming? Don’t worry, we’re going to break it down step-by-step and you’ll leave with actionable insights to get started!
Key takeaways include: the research (and totally nerdy recruiting statistics we all love!), getting buy-in from leaders and associates, selecting ambassadors and curating content, and wrap it up with key performance indicators to look at along the way.
Manager, Talent Acquisition Operations
CEO and Founder
The more recruiting channels you have, the more recruitment marketing content you need. That’s a lot of pressure to create employee stories, videos, blogs and social media posts — week after week. But what content matters most to attract and recruit your candidate personas, and how can you stand out through the digital noise in 2021? At TA Week, Rally Founder Lori Sylvia will lead a show-and-tell with the winners of the Best Content Marketing Program in the Rally Awards. Leading practitioners will share their winning approaches to recruitment marketing content and how you can use content to persuade talent along their candidate journey to choose you as their next employer.
Rally Recruitment Marketing
Content Marketing Strategies - Talent Marketing
Senior Director, Global University Recruiting and Employer Branding
2020 has had a number of changes that all organizations had to identify and react to in order to ensure their employee brand was stronger than ever to drive talent. During this session, you will hear about the challenges and changes that Stanford Health Care made to continue to drive talent with a strong brand by:
- Leaning further into their brand of an Academic Medical Center that is Value Focused, Digitally Driven and Uniquely Stanford.
- Modeled corporate agility by immediately assessing the remote capability of current positions and accelerating the creation of a Distributed Workforce Strategy
- Attracting all levels of jobs to this college campus community in California
- Rebranding to demonstrate the diverse culture in the hospital and on-campus
- Overall branding challenges (COVID-19, Social Unrest, Wildfires)
Center of Excellence – Lead Talent Strategist, Talent Management
Stanford Health Care